During my 10 years of teaching I must have created, tweaked, improved and copied from various textbooks and other sources, hundreds of resources. I have uploaded a selection that may be of use.
Most of them are not my original work and you will probably recognise them from text books and SQA past papers. Unlike the Build Your Skill resources, they were not designed to be paperless for on-screen work but are good old-fashioned paper resources that I produced over the years.
- Task 1 - "What is Business" - Economic Factors and Recession explained in the simplest way I could
- Task 2 - "My Island" - Pupils to imagine they are turning an uninhabited tropical island into a thriving community. There's even an attempt to assess their work with a grading criteria! (not sure if I ever did)
- Task 3 - "Introduction into Branding" - a bit of theory and a quiz where pupils try to identify logo's and slogans of well known businesses
- Task 4 - "Branding Task" - Details of 8 fictitious young Entrepreneurs with a wee case study for each and pupils asked to come up with a business name / logo & colour schemes etc for one of them. Followed by a second task looking at designing letterheads, leaflets and business cards
- Task 5 - "Team Building" - Taken from the Internet, this is the Survival exercise based on a plane crash in Canada. You'll probably recognise it